This page details all the stuff I pack for an offroad trip, why I pack it and how I use it. The list has evolved to what it is today and works well for me, maybe you can use it too!
I use this packing list primarily on my drz where I use 2 main luggage systems:
- Mosko Moto Reckless 80 (v1) – These saddlebags don’t require a rack and fit very close to the bike, limiting the total width. It is very tough and waterproof. I like the modular approach with dry bags and small smart features like the beavertail and the molle straps. I added two bottle holders and a ‘trunk’ bag via these molle straps.
- Giant Loop Diablo tank bag plus pannier pockets – This tank bag is small enough so it doesn’t get in the way when I stand up on the pegs and it fits nicely over the drz tank allowing some room for the vent hose. The main compartment comes with a drybag that I use to add my most valuable items and can take with me off the bike easily. The pannier pockets are a nice addition for easily accessible storage that is out of the way.
The general layout of what I take and where I store it is in this diagram:
The tank bag main compartment contains stuff that’s either valuable or is often used and therefore easiest to grab.
|Easy to grab general pressure gauge from anwb.
|Small set of cutlery that gets the job done. Includes wine opener.
|Use before eating to limit risk of stomach issues in certain environments
|Small bag with charging cables & battery pack:
* 3-in-1 (2 x usb-c, 1x micro usb) cable to charge multiple devices from USB-a port
* 1 x micro USB cable for charging helmet headset
* 1 x 80cm USB-C cable to charge powerbank
* Small but powerful battery pack: Mojogear mini evo. This batterypack is powerful enough to charge a phone, gopro batteries, helmet headset and more in one charge. I connect it to the bike during the day so I can charge my phone (and other stuff) in the tent at night.
* 220V USB adapter to charge stuff on a wall outlet whenever you have the chance
|Small bag with stuff related to GoPro stuff
* Charger and 2 spare batteries
* GoPro tripod
* GoPro shoe for quick mount
* MicroSD to SD card converter
* MicroSD reader for USB-C OTG, to copy/view footage from GoPro fast
|A good knife to use to cut wood, baguettes and everything inbetween.
|I can’t camp without a headlight. Now using the Sofirn HS10 that is cheap, rechargeable via USB-c and has a lot of light.
|Small wire lock with a number code to lock things to the bike, like your helmet if you go into a shop
|Effective insect repellant in a spray (wiki)
|Spare key for the bike, and keys from home in a ziploc bag
|Ziplocbag with documents:
* Ownership document of the bike
* European insurance green card
* Copies of health insurance, passport, drivers license.
* Copy of health insurance policy details
* Health insurance card with EHIC
* European accident form (insurance)
* Vaccination passport
* Travel insurance card
|Soft bag to store 2 phones without scratching the screens
|To listen to music/audio book
|For camp fire or fuel stove
|To effectively clean your glasses or mirrors. I keep this in the outside of the tank bag.